The Junior Handwriting Kit is ideal for the Year 0-1 classroom. Junior teachers spend a large proportion of time helping children develop their pencil grip and handwriting. The development of handwriting skills is one of the key areas necessary for all primary aged children. The tools in the Junior Handwriting Kit aim to focus on:
(1) The skills necessary for good handwriting writing skill development and habits for beginning writers and
(2) to also make the process for teachers to assess and implement strategies much easier in the classroom.
(3) meeting the needs of a wide range of different fine motor and handwriting abilities at the junior level.
The Junior Handwriting kit includes:
- 2 x Pencil Grip Sampler (Set of 11). This range of pencil grips in the Junior Handwriting Kit help with developing and maintaining the correct 'tripod' grip for writing.
- 2 x small writing claw pencil grips
- 1 x set PenAgain Twist n Write pencils to develop good finger position, and is ideal for children with low muscle tone
- 2 x Multisensory Handwriting books for the development of correct letter and number formation, which includes special ink pens which allow writing in the book that fades over time for reuse
- 1 x weighted pencil (58gram), plus extra pencil. Weighted pencils can be useful for those who require extra proprioceptive input through the hand
- 1 x LegiLiner 18mm roller stamp to create writing lines on blank unlined pages for writing size and directional guidance
- 1 x LegiLiner Boxes roller stamp to create boxes for concentrating on letter formation and spacing
- 1 x ink refill for the LegiLiner roller stamps
- 1 x Drawstring carry bag for convenience
- OPTIONAL: The acrylic slope board is specifically designed to be placed on a desk. It's 38cm wide, 35cm deep, 11cm high, and weighs 1.2kg for sturdy support. A clip on top holds paper in place, and non-slip rubber 'feet' help keep the board from slipping. Help your child develop good handwriting habits with this kit!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.